Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 25, 2015

The Eve of Christmas

What sort of fool attempts grocery shopping on Christmas eve????

Adoring Husband and I kind of fools!!

We left bright and early this morning and drove for almost an hour to be at Urangan Fisheries by 8.30am - their apparent opening hours. They were already open and looked to have been open for some time. There was a long queue outside, which we joined, and it was moving quite fast, so we were in and served within ten minutes.

We had to cross town to Stocklands for the first part of our grocery shop. It was about 9am and the crowds hadn't built up yet, so we got that part of the shop done quite quickly and we were in the car by 9.45am and headed to the next supermarket in search of chocolate coated nuts and what Chicklet calls 'Christmas food'.. ie food in the shape of Christmas eg chocolate santas, chocolate christmas trees etc.

I could not find chocolate coated nuts anywhere!! I tried newsagents, supermarkets, chemists and even the cheapie shops to no avail.

This part of the shopping took the longest and we didn't leave The Bay until 10.45am. By the time we stopped for coffee at Foodworks, where we finally found some chocolate coated nuts, it was 11.15 when we arrived home.

Little Chicklet had been so patient waiting for me to return so that we could play, but it was lunch time, so she had to wait a little longer.

We made some christmas baubles for the tree, created some art with blank paper and stickers and then we watched the Madagascar movie. The last bit of fun for the afternoon was painting the chook pen. It's not quite a masterpiece, but we love it :)

Tonight, after I returned home from the club, I made butter chicken for dinner and finally Vegan Chickie and I got to sit down and watch 'Love Actually' together, in the same room, on the same TV.

It's our Christmas tradition and I felt so happy that I could almost burst, through the entire movie.

Now it's well after midnight and tomorrow is Christmas so I'm off to bed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Have a wonderful day with your loved ones and enjoy the festivities.

Nite all.

No comments: