Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Diligence is Required

My fraction of an 'ugh' has now grown to a full 'ugh'.

I have not been as diligent with my mouth rinsing today because the pain had gone this morning. I only rinsed with the peroxide once this morning (it really tastes gross!) and by about 5pm, my gums felt inflamed and tender again.

Obviously, I need to continue my full rinsing regime for a while yet ie oil pulling, peroxide and colloidal silver.

I've had a reasonably busy day, starting with a ride to the Seat of Knowledge, followed by coffee with The Blond Bombshell and Reality TV Queen, then rode home to put some lamb shanks in the slow cooker and prepare the vegetables to be cooked later. This afternoon I rode over to Woman of Many Talents' house for a couple of wines before she went out for dinner.

When I'd been there for about an hour, Reality TV Queen also joined us for a drink.

I arrived home in time to finish preparing dinner.

I really loved this today ...



Now, I can't believe that it's already midnight! I'm off to bingo tomorrow and I'm being picked up early in the morning, so I'd best get my healing beauty sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: