Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Procrasti-youknowtherest.

Remember how yesterday I said that I would catch up on housework today, so that my lady's luncheon would be the reward?

Well, yeah nah...


I consciously decided to turn on the TV to a music channel - the all Aussie music channel to be exact, and I turned the volume up, fully intending to do housework to the music. Unfortunately, the music had accompanying videos .. it was all over for me!

Videos from back in the 70s, 80s and 90s. John Farnham, ACDC, The Angels, INXS, Jimmy Barnes, Natalie Imbruglia, Split Enz, Noiseworks, Kylie Minogue, Midnight Oil, The Divinyls, Bardot, Delta Goodrem, Australian Crawl, Peter Andre, Human Nature, Paul Kelly, Eurogliders, Little River Band, Deni Hines and the list goes on.

There is no way that I could walk away from that!

I spent a good hour in the lounge room dancing like a teenager. Head banging. Bouncing around the room and singing loudly (and badly). It was probably more than an hour. You know how time flies when you're having fun!

Then Adoring Husband arrived home from his SES meeting and the fun was over.

I got all of my washing done.

I've had the mini upright freezer defrosting all day - and I mean 'all day'. It only has four drawers, but the top two drawers have been frozen shut for months. All of the meat in the top two drawers has now been tossed and after eight hours, the freezer is finally turned back on and the door closed.

I cooked a dozen apple and walnut muffins and a dozen gooey chocolate mini cakes.

For dinner, I was done with the kitchen so I took a beef stroganoff out of the freezer and heated that up for Adoring Husband's dinner. I took a spoon of the sauce and some mushrooms out of the mixture and had that with a piece of zucchini.

For dessert, I gave AH two gooey chocolate cakes with crumbled freeze dried strawberries sprinkled over the top and then covered in whipped cream and shredded organic dark chocolate. Can you believe that he then asked for an apple and walnut muffin as well???? I swear he has no 'full' button!

That's about the long and short of my day.

Very much looking forward to lady's luncheon tomorrow!

Nite all.  

No comments: