Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

For the Ladies

Ok girls, first practise will be Friday night Make-up tricks haha!

It was a nice lunch today at the Chinese restaurant. I would like to go back when I'm able to chew food properly, and order a hearty, meaty meal with lots of crunchy vegetables! Today I had curried king prawns, which was a delicious meal with a nice spicy curry sauce, but I couldn't eat the vegetables.

After lunch, instead of going straight home, we ducked in to the RSL club for a quick flutter and then drove to The Speckled Hen's house for another drink .. or two .. or for some, many many more!

Luckily, Adoring Husband had eaten a big late lunch, so I didn't have to cook tonight. I think I was right on the verge of having had too much to drink today, so I was grateful for the opportunity to plonk myself on the couch and stay there.

I'm now sitting in the same position listening to Sweet singing 'Action' on Foxtel Tunes.

It's definitely time to sleep now, so I'll share this video, which I know that some of you have seen on facebook in the past, but I figured that since we are now in the final week of Summer (yay!!!), the weather might start getting cool enough to open up the scarf drawer!



I do believe I can be in bed before 11pm!

Nite all.

No comments: