Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Movie Improvement

So, five strangers, Adoring Husband and myself, all watched 'Sisters' today at the cinema in The Bay. It's the final week for the viewing of the movie, so it only cost $9 - that was a bonus! It was funny - a big improvement on last week's movie, that's for sure.

Afterwards, we went for a drive along the esplanade to see the damage from last week's storm, but they've cleared the debris so well, that it's difficult to tell where the damage was, along the foreshore. The caravan park at Scarness is closed, has obvious damage and there is still work going on, but otherwise, you can barely tell there was a storm. The clean up job by council and SES crews has been pretty amazing.

We bought a blood pressure monitor today.

I am 55 years old and almost everybody I know has blood pressure problems, mostly high, and they have been prescribed medication for it. Adoring Husband had high blood pressure a couple of years ago and was given a period of time to lose weight and reduce his blood pressure, which he did, so fortunately, he didn't have to take medication.

So I figured that we are at the age where we need to monitor it, and since I don't consult doctors, I can do it myself at home. As of today, I am happy to announce that both of us have perfect blood pressure and perfect resting heart beats! Yay for us!

The video that I am sharing with you today is one that I found on my 'on this day' memory page in facebook. It was shared on my page by The Nikonian way back in 2013, a week after the tornado, when our power and our internet coverage was intermittent. I didn't even know it was there until today!

She shared it because she knew I would love it. She was right! It's brilliant. A belated thankyou to my friend :)



It's pouring with rain tonight and by the look of the BOM, it's not going to stop any time soon. A nice night to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the tin roof. So...

Nite all.


No comments: