Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Funny or What?

I read 100 jokes by famous comedians today and only six of them appealed to me. There were a couple of others, but they were too naughty to share here.
  • Two cannibals were eating a clown when one said to the other "Does he taste funny to you?"
  • I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by William Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine!
  • How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
  • Do you know how many middle aged men go out for a litre of milk and never come back? Not enough.
  • My boyfriend had a sex manual but he was dyslexic. I was lying there and he was looking for my vinegar.
  • How come Miss Universe is only won by people from earth?
I thought this little video was hilarious and was I imagining BGWLBH and I in the same situation. 



I spent some time in the kitchen today and was very happy with all the results. For lunch I made crispy skin chicken, cauliflower puree with candied walnuts and garlic butter asparagus.


This afternoon I mad some paleo apple and walnut muffins.


I don't have a photo of dinner, but I made Chicken and Liver Larb. It sounds terrible but it was more like a chilli lime chicken dish made with chicken mince and finely chopped chicken liver. Really delicious with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions and lime juice and chillies and mint and basil and coriander (all fresh) stirred through it and flaked almonds sprinkled over the top. Full of flavour and so nutritious. Served with lettuce and cucumber.

My job from the job board today was to clean the fridge out. The timing for that job was perfect because the fridge was shiny and sparkly clean, ready for all the fresh vegetables that came in the FROG box today.

I spent thirty minutes sitting in the shade overlooking the river this morning listening to music and watching all the boating activity happening on top of the water and enjoying the sea life that was visible under the water. Lots of bait fish about!

I had a short visit with The Motivator this morning too. We laughed a lot.

So it's been a busy and productive day. I must say, that after just four days back on the paleo program, I already feel more energised and clear headed. The caffeine withdrawals have disappeared (hopefully for good) and I'm feeling fine!

It's 10.30pm, so I'm off for an early night.

Nite all.

No comments: