Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 2, 2016

It Eluded Me

After watching an exhausting State of Origin game last night (which, as you can tell by the above pic, my team won!), the adrenalin took too long to subside and I could not relax enough to sleep.

It was after 1am when I finally drifted off to sleep and for some strange reason, I woke up more than twenty minutes before my alarm was set to go off, so I was wide awake again at 4.20am. Ugh.

Thank goodness I put yesterday's coffee in the fridge when I wasn't able to drink it all. I heated it up this morning and drank it on the way to the station. At least that kept me alert for most of the uneventful trip.

The Bare-chested Chef was waiting on the platform for me and we drove home in time for me to give Vegan Chickie a hug and wave goodbye as The Bare-chested Chef drove her to Brisvegas for her flight to Perth. I'll be gone before she returns, so I won't get to see her again until July!

I had a lot of fun playing with Chicklet for the next five hours. There was lots of dinosaur play, hide and seek, creating pictures and stories with stickers and pencils on paper, lunching and playing Angry Birds on the iPad.

By the time The Bare-chested Chef returned, and struggling to cope on 3 hours sleep, I was out on my feet, so as a good tag team does, I left Chicklet in his capable hands and climbed into bed for a nana nap. That was at 2.30pm.

I woke at 4pm and used the bathroom. I was going to head outside to the living room, but I could hear Chicklet and her Dadu chatting away and they sounded so relaxed and happy together, that I decided to lie back down on the bed and listen to them for a while, without disturbing them. Listening to them made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Next thing I knew, it was 6pm! I had drifted back to sleep and this time, when I woke up, I could hear them talking to Vegan Chickie on the speaker phone. She had arrived safely and Chicklet was chatting away, so again, instead of disturbing them, I decided to wait until the phone call was finished before making my way out.

Next thing I knew, it was 7.40pm!!! I had drifted off to sleep AGAIN!

By now, Chicklet was in bed and The Bare-chested Chef was cleaning up in the kitchen.

So my day has consisted of 2.5 hours of travelling, 5 hours of playing and 5 hours of sleeping!

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, but I'm still feeling very relaxed and drowsy, so after a few pages of my book, I believe I'll be back in dreamland before long.

I should certainly have plenty of energy for a full day of play tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: