Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

It's Oily

It's a habit that I still have feelings of guilt about, but I continue to laze in bed every morning, for as long as I feel it necessary. This morning, it was well after 9am when I climbed out from under that warm bedding.

Because I can!

After I bought my morning coffee, I decided to accompany Adoring Husband into The Bay. He only needed to buy one thing and I wanted to get some Black Seed Oil from Go Natural, across the other side of town.

While we were there, we stocked up on coconut ice cream too!

I hear you asking "What is Black Seed Oil?"

I'm glad that you asked!

Black seeds come from the Nigella Sativa flower, and it’s origins are from North Africa, Mediterranean/Europe, and Asia, but are grown all over the world now. Black Seed Oil is known as one of the most effective natural remedies in world, for many different ailments.

Cleopatra used it as part of her beauty routine, King Tut had a bottle of it with him in his tomb because he wanted to take it to the afterlife and the Muslim prophet Muhammad stated that black seeds can cure everything but death.

It's known as 
  • Anti-bacterial
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Anti-oxidant
  • Anti-fungal
  • Anti-cancer
  • Anti-asthmatic
  • Anti-histamine
  • Anti-viral
  • Anti-coagulant
It promotes heart health. Lowers blood sugar. It strengthens your immune system to fight colds and flus. Reduces high blood pressure. It promotes natural deep sleep and has been known to eliminate insomnia. It prevents and eases muscle cramps. It has been an effective treatment for convulsions. It can lower anxiety and help with depression. It improves liver health and also digestion. 

There are lots more uses for it and there has been success with various cancers and protecting from the harmful effects of cancer treatments. 

You can read more about it here. 

AH has some spots on his arm that I will use this oil on .. I will report back with the results.

I enjoyed a couple of wines with The Blond Bombshell and Reality TV Queen this afternoon and I'm very much looking forward to catching up with the girls at morning tea tomorrow. There have been a few trips away, so there should be lots of stories to listen to!!

Nite all.

No comments: