Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bizzzaaaarrrroooo

The weirdest thing happened to me this evening.

Every so often, I do a search on Facebook, for people from my past. I rarely find any of them, but about 2 years ago, I searched for a guy who was a neighbour at the time that I split from my first husband, and with whom I had a brief relationship which lasted about 6 months. We broke up when I discovered that he was already in a long term relationship and that I was 'the affair'.

Anyway, two years ago, I thought I'd found him. The photo certainly looked just like him, except he was greyer, after all, I knew him thirty years ago. His FB page gave away no real information about him and it showed that he lived in Calgary, Alberta and nobody on his friend's list was from the Riverina, so I figured that I must be mistaken.

Roll on to today, two years later, and I'm Facebook stalking The Motivator, checking out her friend's list ,and amazingly, I come across this same guy's profile pic!

So I decided to message The Motivator and ask her if he is Australian and how she knows him.

She replies to my message with 'Yes, he's Australian and omg, I think he is from Griffiths (sic)'

The only information that she gave me, was that they met at Thredbo years ago and that she thought he was a nice guy.

Instead of having long detailed chats online, I'm going to visit her tomorrow so that we can gossip about somebody from my past. How freakish that the two of us know him from so many years ago!

That man broke my heart. When I discovered his deceit, I sobbed so uncontrollably, that I had an asthma attack and I'm not even asthmatic!! He was not a nice man.

Weird huh?

Today, Adoring Husband and I went to the cinema to see 'Bad Moms'. Great movie! Put it on your list!



While we were at Stocklands, there was a book kiosk set up in the middle of the walkway and I grabbed two boxed sets. One for learning the guitar and one for meditation ...


Adoring Husband has a three day SES flood boat exercise coming up, so this afternoon I whipped up some energy balls for him to take with him. He will need all the energy he can get!


It's raining here!

Nite all.


No comments: