Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Groovy Grooming

I had a late start to my day - what else is new?

Adoring Husband had SES duties today, so I decided to groom one of the psychotic dogs. My plan of spending a little time grooming Colli every week, never came to fruition, so of course she was in dire need of a full groom.

It took me about 40 minutes to trim her torso and legs with scissors. All of that fur filled a plastic grocery bag, but then she wouldn't let me near her face, so I took her to the laundry tub and saturated her head so that I could easily clean the muck around her eyes and then snip the fur all around her head, face and neck. That took another 40 minutes.

Even though she hates every minute of her grooming (as do I), Colli always smiles widely when it's over and runs around like a loopy creature on speed. Once she's dry, she struts around like she's Lady Muck showing off her new 'do'. I'm sure that all dog owners can relate to this description because I'm pretty certain that all canines display these crazy traits!

I don't even have 'before' and 'after' shots!

By the time I cleaned up the aftermath of such a grooming, it was lunch time, so I made my paleo version of Nachos. Sweet potato chips to replace the corn chips, mashed avocado, spaghetti bolognese mince (which I already had in the freezer) and just for Adoring Husband, some grated parmesan cheese over the top. No sour cream.

I did a few more mundane chores before spending some time in my new workspace .. it felt like a million years since I was there last! I listened to Taylor Swift and researched some more stuff on chalk painting, which I hope to find time to practise tomorrow.

There WILL be 'before' and 'after' photos!

Nite all.

No comments: