Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

What List?

I made a list in yesterday's blog post about all the things that I was going to get done over the weekend, while Adoring Husband was at First Aid Training.

I bet you can guess how many of those things I've done today.

If you guessed 'none', you would be so wrong!!

If you guessed 'all of them', you would also be so wrong!!

I did one of those items on the list.

Let me refresh your memory. I planned on editing photos, experimenting with ginger, cleaning, visiting the motivator and spending long mornings in bed.

I bet you can guess NOW, what part of the list got done.

Yes! I had a long lazy morning in bed. Haha.

It was a glorious Winter's day and I didn't waste it completely. At midday, I jumped on my trike and headed to the river, where I rode along the path and took in the sights.

There were a LOT of families and couples walking along the path, and quite a number of them eating ice cream cones that they'd bought from our local ice cream vendor.

The tide was low and on it's way in, so there was plenty of beach available and people were standing along the edge of the water with their fishing rods and buckets enjoying the sunshine and testing their luck.

The Council Caravan Park is quite full with visiting tourists at the moment and many of them were sitting in groups, in their folding chairs, overlooking the river, discussing their recent travels.

There were many people out on the sand flats at the mouth of the river, throwing sticks for their pets or playing ball or chasing each other through the huge puddles of salt water or collecting shells or just strolling hand in hand with their partner.

Before I returned home, I picked up a few groceries to replenish the stocks of coconut milk & cream that I'd used for the curries on Thursday night.

After my hit of Vitamin D, I hibernated in the lounge room and watched a couple of episodes of Grace and Frankie before the football started.

I've only got one of my tips wrong this week so far, but it's enough to put me out of the running for any prizes in the competition. This means, unfortunately, I'm now just in it for the thrill of beating most of the men in the tipping comp. That's ok too!

Tonight, now that the last game of the day is over, I'm watching one of my favourite movies. "It Could Happen to You" with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda. It's such a feel good movie.

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow and feeling motivated enough to do all the other things on my list.

Nite all.

No comments: