Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bundy Tuesdy

After another late night (or should I say early morning) of binge watching 'Grace and Frankie', I struggled to get out of bed this morning. REALLY struggled.

We agreed, last night, to leave home at 8.30am to reach Bundaberg before 10am.

I got out of bed at 8.20am, showered and dressed and was sitting in the car by by 8.45am, which I thought was pretty good going.

There was a lot of traffic on the road, and also a lot of roadworks, but we had a pretty good run, stopping along the way at Childers to get coffee, before reaching Bundaberg by 10.20am.

The Bundy Bowl and Leisure Centre was our destination, where we planned a family fun day.

First game off the rank, was Jurassic Putt Putt ...

Knight in Shining Armour won that round. Thanks to one VERY VERY bad hole for me, I came last!!

Next game was 10 Pin Bowling ...

We played two games and Adoring Husband won that round by a long way! It was a lot of fun, but I've decided that it's NOT like riding a bike (although AH might disagree).

Next, we tried Laser Tag. AH and I have never attempted this activity before and I have to admit, I was dubious and hesitant, but it was actually a lot of fun. Adoring Husband said he's never seen me run so much and we are all preparing ourselves for sore muscles tomorrow after 30 minutes of fast and furious war games!

Unfortunately, the packs on two of our vests didn't register any activity, so Bubbles and I didn't get a score for our efforts. Knight in Shining Armour won that round, even though only he and AH got a score.

To compensate for our failed packs, the girl gave us $20 worth of tokens for the games arcade, where, between us, we won 264 tickets, which we traded for a number of dinosaur related toys and will give to Chicklet at the next visit!

We left the leisure centre at about 1.20pm and drove around the corner to The Waves Sports Club in search of some lunch.

What a nice club it is! The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere was lovely. AH and I both had Veal Scallopini with salad for lunch, which was GF and delicious. Bubbles and KISA shared some hot chips and cheese/bacon/garlic focaccia bread, which they seemed to enjoy.

The bathroom at the club was so classy and beautiful, I was tempted to take a chair in there, just to sit and feel the ambience!

We left Bundaberg for a good run home, stopping again at The Drunk Bean in Childers for another of their delicious coffees.

The psychotic dogs were very excited to see us arrive home at around 4.30pm.

I think the day well and truly wore us all out, but I believe that 'Grace and Frankie' may get another workout tonight, if I can just find my second wind!!

I'm about to cook up some quick tacos for dinner.

Nite all.

No comments: