Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Blue Skies & Sunshine

I believe that today is the first day since I arrived two weeks ago, that the sky is absolutely clear and blue, and the sun is shining brightly! It truly is a glorious day!

Since the Bare-chested Chef is off work again today, I was able to stay in bed for an extended morning of delicious laziness. I got up at about 10am and made a filling and healthful breakfast of fresh raspberries, plain coconut yoghurt and sprinkled with a generous handful of nuts and seeds and shaved coconut.

The decision to go for a walk to get my morning coffee, was a good one. I thoroughly enjoyed soaking up all of that vitamin D and the exercise, walking fast-paced over the undulating roads and paths. I sat in the shade at one of the tables outside the bakery to drink my jumbo coffee (triple shot!) and watch the world go by for about an hour.

By the time I returned home, with a second coffee for later, it was BCC's turn to leave the house. He packed his camera and headed out for some nature photography, while Chicklet and I played .. you guessed it .. Minecraft.

It's only mid afternoon now, but I plan on watching a Netflix movie tonight, so I'm blogging early.

This is what's sitting beside me on my bedside table (my bed is where Chicklet and I do our best Minecrafting)...


Later ...

Chicklet has seesawed back and forth between BCC and I all day, playing various computer games or just talking.  I'm going to enforce a 'computer game free' day over the weekend and attempt to unfrazzle our brains! Perhaps it's just MY brain that's frazzled!

I found this today. I LOVE lots of colour and I can't even comprehend what it must be like to be colour blind, so this made me feel a little bit emotional and I could relate to the joy and surprise that these people felt when seeing colour for the first time. I can't imagine living without the vibrant colours of the world. 



I'm off to watch my movie.

Nite all.

No comments: