Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Happy Rainy Sunday

Petrichor (n.) a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.

There hasn't been any long spell of warm dry weather here on the Sunny Coast .. but that lovely smell still exists. It has been lightly raining on and off all day here.

We left early this morning to attend the Noosa Farmer's Markets and, because of the weather, we expected it to be a small crowd, but it was busier today, than it was when Adoring Husband and I were there a couple of weeks ago on a sunshiny day!

It was drizzling rain for the entire time that we were there, so I rushed around the stalls and bought what I knew I wanted.

Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mulberries, 2 bags mixed lettuce, carrots, cucumber, snap peas, beans, red onions, avocados, a tub of mixed sprouted beans, tub of basil pesto feta, a tub of basil pesto, a jar of kimchi (fermented veg), ginger, fresh coriander, 2 whole chickens (pasture raised), organic pork sausages and lamb chops.

That should well and truly feed us for the 8 days that I am here ... and hopefully there is enough colour there to create some artistic lunches for Chicklet!

We built another castle today, much larger than yesterdays. We cut out paper turrets to tape to the chairs, made a flag with the family crest on it and drew and cut out a dragon to protect the castle.



We made a throne, a secret tunnel, a moat with a drawbridge and a stable for the horse (unicorn). We even had a lake where the pink flamingo and a water dragon lived. It was a pretty cool structure and Chicklet decorated it with a book shelf and drawings of dragons.

We ate lunch AND dinner in our castle.

We galloped, cantered and trotted our horses through the house and around the castle.

We swung the cutout flowery dragon from the ceiling fan and watched her fly round and round in circles.

There were lots of pictures drawn today - all of them contained dragons. One climbing up a castle, one jumping over a rainbow, two big dragons chasing tiny dragons from their food source, a super hero dragon with a red cape, a dragon sitting on a mountain and many more.

We played Minecraft (of course) for about an hour before dinner. Earlier in the day we played Minions and Plants v Zombies.

Then it was time for a bath and Dadu read some of Narnia at bed time.

It's been another full day ... which I managed with flying colours! I even baked a chicken in the middle of all that! Chicken and salad for lunch and chicken soup with ginger and coriander for dinner.

Sometimes I marvel at myself!!

Nite all.

No comments: