Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Session Two Begins

It was an easy and relaxing morning preparing for my trip back to the Sunny Coast. Adoring Husband provided my morning coffee in bed and there was minimal packing to be done, because I'd left almost everything behind at the Sunny Coast - just my make-up and some odds and ends to come back with me.

The train trip was uneventful and comfortable until Gympie.

There is track work being done somewhere near Caboolture. The carriage staff were very annoyed that this decision had been made for the school holiday period and let the passengers know how frustrated and sorry they were for our inconvenience.

We were offloaded in Gympie and directed to one of four different coaches for the remainder of our trip. I was the luckiest of the travellers, because I only had to spend thirty minutes on the bus. As I alighted, I wanted to turn around to face them all and wish them the best of luck.

The coach was very scary! It squeaked and clunked and the wind was whistling through the cabin. The gears crunched loudly every time the driver changed them and I didn't feel in the slightest bit confident that it would successfully complete it's journey ... judging by some comments that I overheard, nor did many of the other passengers.

The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet were sitting in the car waiting for me when the bus pulled in at Cooroy more than 30 minutes late, but both with big smiling faces.

By the time Chicklet and I began to play, it was well after 2pm, but we fit plenty in before bed time!

We created some sticker pictures ...


We built a castle ...


It has a moat, a throne ...


... and a dragon cave ...


This was me dressed as a Knight with a face shield, a hand shield, a sword and riding a horse that looks amazingly like a unicorn!


We got a little bit of Minecraft in before bath time and then it was a story before bed. Chicklet was asleep before 7.30pm.

I think I'm done for the day.

We are going to the Farmer's Markets in the morning, so I'm off to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: