Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Perfect Day

What a nice day I've had!

I actually woke at 6.30am to discover a coffee on my bedside table, so I sat up in bed reading and drinking my coffee and easing myself into the day (thanks Adoring Husband).

After showering, I jumped on my trike for a ride around town. I had a delivery for Lady Lynn, the PO Box to check, groceries to buy and The Motivator to visit - to say goodbye to her Mum, who is returning to Sydney, after a seven week holiday.

It was another glorious Spring day. The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze blowing and people were out and about enjoying the weather and eating ice creams. The local ice cream cones seem to be really popular at the moment! Everywhere I turn, there's a group of people eating cones with a multitude of different ice cream flavours.

Suggggaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!! (don't get me started)

I bought four sand crabs from The Motivator and ate half for lunch and half for dinner. She sells them for $15 per kg and I have just calculated that potato chips, when on special, cost $14.30 per kg (when not on special they are $22.85 per kg). If only I could get freshly cooked sand crab all year round! I would replace my potato chip obsession with a sand crab obsession .. a much healthier option and sand crab would come close to being my favourite food.

The remainder of the day was spent quietly relaxing with AH.

It's nice to be home. I wonder what my little Chicklet has been up to today. I hope she is having wonderful adventures with her Dadu.

I was going to share a link to some Minecraft videos, but decided that you probably wouldn't be that interested, so you can breathe a sigh of relief. It ends here.

Nite all.

No comments: