Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Positive Results

My email to Fantastic Furniture had a very positive result today.

Dee, the Manager of The Bay store, phoned me this morning to apologise for our situation and made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

I did explain to her that it wasn't the fact that we hadn't receive our furniture yet, but the more serious problem was that FF did not make contact to keep us in the loop. We were the ones always making contact to find out what was happening.

She explained that our choice of fabric was very popular and the manufacturers had run out of stock some time ago. This meant that the waiting list was growing longer by the day, and the length of time that we would have to wait was also increasing. She could not give any guarantees, it would still be weeks until our lounge was ready, and so she made us this offer.

She had three of our lounges available in three different colours - cashmere, turquoise and charcoal. The colour we ordered was black.

Cashmere is a lovely colour, but just wouldn't work with our colour scheme ...


Turquoise is also lovely, but this is quite a bit darker than the blue in our selected colour scheme ...


We decided on Charcoal, and it is much darker than this photo indicates, so it should fit well with our colour scheme.


Our new lounge will be delivered on Monday!

I've booked my train travel and will be with Chicklet soon after 1pm tomorrow! I'm excited to see her again and have enjoyed my week at home very much. I haven't even had a chance to practise Minecraft! Ugh.

Ah well, I'm sure she will enjoy holding the power to all things Minecraft for another week!

I'm watching my team play in their finals game against Cowboys right now. They are losing, but I'm sure they can win! There are 12 minutes left in the game, so I'm off to focus all my positive energy into their game. As I typed those words, my team scored and are now in the lead!! Wahoo!!

I'm off!

Nite all.


No comments: