Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sunrise Surprise

Yes! You may be surprised to know that I climbed out of bed in the darkness, and with my camera, left the house with Adoring Husband, before 5.30am today. He dropped me at the beach on his way to work.

I was hoping for a nice sunrise, and there was actually a touch of mackerel sky, which had the potential to create a lovely sunrise, but alas there was a heavy bank of cloud on the eastern horizon which prevented any colour from appearing anywhere in the sky.

However ... it was still a beautiful morning with a deliciously cool breeze and I thoroughly enjoyed being on the water's edge at high tide as the sun finally appeared above the cloud.

After work, Adoring Husband appeared with our coffee and sat with me on the bench seat to enjoy the view. We had a couple of locals stop for a chat and it was a very pleasant way to start the day.

We returned home and after I freshened up, I rode down to the Seat of Knowledge to see my boys, who were very happy to see me after my long absence. It's been at least a month since I spent time with the boys.

Morning tea with the girls was next on the agenda and the only absentee was Beauty, who is travelling on the road at the moment. There was lots of chatting and laughter and noise from our table and after two hours we said our farewells.

While pedalling home, I received a phone call from Mrs Bucket, who now lives in Gunnedah. I stopped on the side of the road and chatted with her for about thirty minutes. She had lots of news to share, which is nothing unusual for this woman about town!

I arrived home, just in time to start preparing lunch.

What a busy morning.

I spent the afternoon planning a website, which I hope to create upon my return from the Sunny Coast at the end of the month. I have lots of ideas which I mapped out today, and I found some fabulous 'how to' information that makes it look much easier than the last time I attempted this task, which was quite a few years ago.

I'm still very aware that I have to finish editing photos from Rebel Mardi's family photoshoot, and I may be able to get a couple done on Friday afternoon, otherwise it will be the end of the month before I can get to them again. I can't wait to have the time to really focus on those photos and finally shoot them off to the family. Thank you Rebel Mardi family for being so patient :)

On that note, I will leave you with my boring photos and head off to bed. It's 11pm and it's been a much longer than usual day for me!

Nite all.


No comments: