Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Done for the Day

Today, for the first time in a long time, I was worn out by late afternoon! I looked at my watch at 4pm and thought to myself 'can I make it through to Chicklet bed time?'

I realised, as I was emailing BGWLBH tonight, that I filled my water bottle up at 8.30am and it is still half full! That is very unlike me and not good for my body, or my brain, to be running on empty like that all day. I've given myself a forehead slap and will try to be more aware of my fluid intake in future.

We created a LOT of artwork this morning. Mostly dragons and superheroes. We used stickers, felt tip pens and highlighters to create some fabulous masterpieces (no photos), which are now sealed in Mama's envelopes awaiting her return.

That took up most of the morning. We became superheroes ourselves, me as Batman, and Chicklet as Ironman and ran through the house for about thirty minutes until it was time to make lunch. A Catwoman lunch!

We decided to go to the park this afternoon. The weather forecast is not good for the next few days, so while the sky was clear-ish, we walked to the park - Chicklet decided that she was going to the park as a pink puppy, cleverly walking on two legs, until we reached the park, and then she was down on all fours.

This was all good in theory ... except some jerks had broken an amber bottle and a clear glass in the play area and even though I cleaned as much as I could see, I was concerned that Chicklet would accidentally find the one piece that I couldn't see. When I asked her to put her shoes on and to not be a pink puppy any more, she opted to go home and build a castle instead.

Doesn't she look tiny in this pic? Once the castle was built to our satisfaction, we sat inside it and played Minecraft for about an hour, followed by some Plants v Zombies and then very briefly before bath time, some Minions.

She was sound asleep by 7.30pm and I was wishing that I was too! Nah, not really. I got my second wind at about 6pm.

Our new couch was delivered today and Adoring Husband sent me this pic that he took with his iPad. I will take some when I return home to show the wall art and the lovely 'coral' shaped lamp in more detail.

A rug would look excellent, but our old dogs like to use mats and rugs as doggy toilets, so bare floor it will stay, for now.

I'm off for some well earned rest.

Nite all.

No comments: