Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Introverted

While studying the psychology of colours for my website today, I stumbled upon a test, where you had to select one of three shades of a certain colour to describe an emotion (joy, sadness, anger etc) that was matched against them. My results showed that I am a 'Radiant Introvert' ...

"You are one of the most positive people! While you exhibit qualities of a true introvert, you still radiate a powerful encouraging aura to those around you! While you may not be the biggest fan of social situations, when you are in those situations, you are known as a ray of sunshine! People will come to you if they need some positive energy."

That's me!! A veritable ray of sunshine!!

I finally reached the end of the instructional video for building a website but there were a few things that it hadn't touched on, and which I needed to know. There are a few pages that I still need to include in the site, so I moved to the next video .. only to discover that it is four hours long AND it includes instructions for other features that I hadn't even thought of, but which I need!

If it's taken me eight days to get through 2.5 hours of instruction, how long is it going to take to get through 4 hours and when I've completed all of these instructions, will there be MORE???

It seems that I may need to rustle up some heavy duty stamina for this task!

No matter how much stamina I can muster, I believe it's important to have regular breaks to keep my brain fresh, so Adoring Husband and I are having the day together tomorrow for haircuts, pedicures, movies and maybe even some lunch!

We've had some nice heavy rain tonight, as a line of storms passed along almost the entire Queensland coast, so I'm hoping that it will still be raining as I climb into bed ... 


I hope you all have an amazing day.

Nite all.  

No comments: