Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

De'liver'y

I know some people who have problems with their livers. I know a couple of them who have either a 'fatty' liver or cirrhosis of the liver as non drinkers. I know some big drinkers with serious liver issues. I also know some big drinkers who have perfectly healthy livers! So they tell me anyway. So, I found this video that might help in some small way.  



In case you're wondering, arugula is known as rocket in Australia.

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed a movie date today and saw Bridget Jones's Baby. It was fabulous and I think it's as good as, if not better, than the first two.

Being in town, I got a little carried away with the retail therapy (how unusual!) and bought Season 11 of Grey's Anatomy and the latest Ghost Busters movie. From there we headed over to Stocklands so that Adoring Husband could do some man grooming at the hair salon.

I was going to get a pedicure at the same time, but I broke a toe nail very close to the skin yesterday and wasn't willing to risk infection, so have postponed my pampering for another day.

Instead, I decided to window shop. Three tops, a rubber shark head (for Chicklet) and two floor rugs later, we left the building. I don't think I quite understand the concept of 'window shopping', and once again .. self control flew out the window!

I steered clear of website building today and avoided my workspace, choosing to spend the afternoon with AH, catching up on some TV and DVDs, which was both relaxing, and a good laugh.

Strangely, it is just after 10.30pm and I'm heading to bed. Apparently, being in a sound sleep between the hours of 1am and 3am, gives your body the best opportunity to repair itself. I've had a LOT of 2am bed times lately, so I'd best get myself into a healthier habit.

Nite all.

No comments: