Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 21, 2016

Birthday Boy

It's been a rather pleasant kind of day.

Before we drove into The Bay, we stopped to get coffee at our 'local'. I announced that it was Adoring Husband's birthday, so three of the staff sang .. YES .. they SANG happy birthday to a very embarrassed Adoring Husband. It was very funny and very nice.

AH checked the mail to discover a parcel containing his first Grand Final purchase, a black t-shirt with the Cronulla Sharks emblem, the team they defeated, the year and the score. He tried, unsuccessfully, to convince the manager to display the shirt over the cash register.


We had an easy drive into town and arrived at the cinema quite early to get our tickets for 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'. Surprisingly, they allowed us into our theatre very early, and there were only six of us in attendance to watch it .. plus two ghosts who walked in ahead of the last two patrons.

I told AH that two ghosts just walked in and I pointed to where they were sitting. He thought I was crazy and gave me the strangest look while making some derogatory comment about my sanity, but they really did walk in and they made their way down the aisle, sat down and then faded to nothing almost immediately.

The weird thing was that I wasn't even afraid! It felt really normal. AH didn't think so lol.

We watched the movie and I believe that AH may have had a little snooze in the middle of it. It was quite good, a little slow in parts, but interesting. The special effects were good and I was left wondering what sort of drugs the writer must have been taking to conjure up such crazy characters with such peculiar traits!

After the movie, we visited JB HiFi and bought 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and the latest 'Independence Day - Resurgence' movie (which we are watching as I type this).

We enjoyed a GF steak sandwich at Aquavue for lunch, and what a beautiful day it was. The tide was in and the water was a beautiful deep blue colour, and was glistening in the sunlight.

It was around 2pm by the time we pulled into our driveway. I presented AH with his surprise chocolate fudge brownie birthday treat ...


and we had a relaxing afternoon watching Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, before I made myself presentable and Adoring Husband drove me to my favourite Friday night haunt.

It was an unlucky night for us all in the raffles and the keno but we had fun and as always, enjoyed each other's company.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day, so it's an early night for me.

One final "Happy birthday Adoring Husband" xo

Nite all.

No comments: