Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Slow and Steady

That is my new mindset while creating the website. Slow and steady.

I usually go at things like a bull at a gate and I always want everything finished 'yesterday'. I have little patience during long detailed learning processes, but in this case, I have to make an exception. There are no short cuts if I'm going to do this on my own and do it properly!

I didn't get to spend much time in my work space today because we had a lunch date with Mrs Bucket down the road.

We were supposed to take our own food because she doesn't cater to anyone's dietary requirements. I planned on taking some marinated chicken wings and some devilled eggs with crab, but then I decided that I wanted to spend what little time I could, working on the website and NOT in the kitchen preparing food that everybody would eat.

Instead, I chucked the chicken wings in the oven and cooked them early, so that we could eat our lunch BEFORE attending the lunch!

So we attended the lunch empty handed - aside from half a bottle of wine that I had in the fridge.

It turned out to be a very pleasant afternoon. I really enjoyed catching up with Woman of Many Talents and The Reality TV Queen's BFF, Care Bear. The rest of us had some good laughs over nibbles and drinks.


We returned home at about 3pm, in time to feed the psychotic dogs and in time for Adoring Husband to watch the end of the Bathurst car race.

I spent a little time in my workspace,


but after that half a bottle of wine and a couple of bites of food that doesn't usually hit my tummy, I was left feeling well and truly 'done in', so I caught myself a short nap in bed until it was time to prepare a quick bite for dinner.

I hope to spend the entire day at my desk tomorrow and hopefully will have achieved something worth bragging about here!

In the meantime, I think I'm ready to continue that nap.

Nite all.

No comments: