Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Bit Bumpy

So far, this website stuff has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride!

A good day is always levelled off with a bad day and just when I think I know what I'm doing, something happens to bring me right back down to earth. Two steps forward, one step back .. which is much better than one step forward and two steps back!

Still, after a crappy day at the computer, I got to spend some time with lovely friends at the Bowls Club and then return home to a delicious dinner with Adoring Husband.

In need of an early night because he has a big day of SES training tomorrow, he was soon in bed, so I took the opportunity to come into my workspace, hoping that my luck had changed, and attempted to continue with the site.

Thank goodness the internet gods were much more relaxed tonight and allowed me to fix today's mess. I achieved some positive results with the 'home' page and the 'about me' page ... except it's a bit too late at night to think of an inspiring summary of myself and the website.

Here I am rushing to write the Friday night blog post, so that I can go to bed and dream up something brilliant to write about me, tomorrow.

I recently bought a small box of inspiration cards for myself. I'd sent the same cards in a care package to BGWLBH and I liked them so much, I returned to 'Tinkerbells' to buy some for me.

Today's card read

"Imagine"
Clearly visualise the life you want.
Feel it in your heart and soul and so it will come to be.

It was the perfect card to push me to the next level.

Speaking of inspiration, I just have to Congratulate Vegan Chickie for her semester results of High Distinction AND her invitation from the University to join the 'Honours Program', which is only available to the top 7.5% of students.

She also received amazing feedback from her teacher acknowledging her brilliant work.

I am a proud Mum.

Well, it's rapidly approaching 1am so I really must end here and get some sleep.

Nite all.



 

No comments: