Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Brain Explosion

So ... I'm attempting to build a website.

I think my head is going to explode.

I spent the morning at our local markets. I like to support our local stall holders, but always get carried away, spending way too much money.

This month, I decided to go with minimal funds. I intended to buy a couple of home-made cards and a hanging stained glass animal (I buy something from this lady every month).

Unfortunately, I have no self control and unfortunately, some stalls use eftpos machines. Two necklaces, one bracelet, two notebooks, five cards, a hand towel, a stained glass owl and a 'no fracking' sign later ...

After all that spending, I had to withdraw money from the supermarket ATM so that I had cash to buy the sand crabs that I had ordered from The Motivator!

From The Motivator's house, I had to rush to the chemist to pick up Adoring Husband's script and while I was there, I found a beautiful little box of note paper with a meaningful quote on the box. Of course, I had to buy it!

By the time I arrived home, it was lunch time, so I reheated some Hainan Chicken for Adoring Husband, and for myself, I stood at the kitchen sink shelling my sand crabs and filled a container with the meat. I took that and a bottle of kombucha to my workspace, where I spent the entire afternoon learning how to create a website.

There was one short interruption when Mrs Bucket came for a visit. She was actually next door having a social afternoon, when she decided to pop in and see Adoring Husband and to confirm that we were attending her lunch tomorrow (Sunday).

I returned to my workspace and spent more time frowning at my monitor, trying to understand the website jargon that the course teacher was describing. By 9pm I decided that it was in my best interests to remove myself from the room and have a long break until tomorrow.

A rested brain and a fresh start tomorrow might help.

Nite all.

No comments: