Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

How Many?

Some days there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

Admittedly, I didn't get out of bed til 9am. I washed and blow dried my hair, pedalled to the shops for my coffee and to pick up some meat that I'd ordered. I visited The Motivator and she did indeed, motivate me. I left there at noon and came home to put my duck broth into containers to freeze.

I did a load of washing and then Adoring Husband arrived home from his visit to the SES shed. While he began to peel a giant bucket load of onions, I put chicken wings in the oven for lunch. I spent forty minutes in my workspace doing 'my new thing' and while I was waiting for the chicken to finish cooking, I assisted AH peel those pesky onions.

AH used the food processor to slice the onions and we bagged them so that he could take them back to the SES shed ready to use at the markets tomorrow.

While he tidied the kitchen, I made a fruit salad with papaya, blueberries, apple, watermelon, banana and lemon juice.

We ate lunch (chicken wings followed by fruit salad) - by this time it was about 2pm I think.

I got ninety minutes in my workspace to do some more of 'my new thing' until it was time to get ready for the club!

It was very busy at the club tonight, which made it really LOUD. Noises always make me uncomfortable. Sensory overload. I'm looking forward to the club's renovations, which will include a raised roof and hopefully the acoustics will be much more conducive to friendly conversations.

We almost didn't need to catch the bus home tonight, because there were actually enough giant mosquitoes to lift each of us separately and fly us home to our respective addresses. The bus driver had locked the bus, so we had to stand outside waiting for him and it was a most uncomfortable experience with those nasty scotch greys.

Sadly, football season is over, so there was no game to look forward to tonight and we had to search long and hard to find something on our hundreds of TV channels to watch. We settled for a movie, an oldie but a goodie "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner, Robert De Niro and Sean Connery. Can you believe that movie is 29 years old?!? It's still a good movie today.

Here we are, once again, well after midnight so I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will hopefully be more productive in my workspace and I also hope to nab some delicious fresh crabs from The Motivator.

Nite all.

No comments: