Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Focus Day

Sleep came to me much easier last night.

Adoring Husband woke me at about 5am as he leaned over the bed to kiss me goodbye. He had an appointment in Brisbane with his specialist today, so he was catching the early train.

I was wide awake at 7.00am but stayed in bed for an hour making notes and checking my emails.

It was a glorious day outside, so the ride to the shops for coffee and checking the mail was very pleasant. I didn't know at the time, but the box that I collected from the Post Office contained Adoring Husband's Mum!! I'm sure that she enjoyed her ride home in the trike.

On the way home I dropped in to see The Motivator who was on her way out. This was probably a good thing, because it meant that I didn't waste any creative hours.

I came straight home and decided to make bone broth with the carcass of the duck that I cooked yesterday. I also made a big batch of Hainan Chicken which was easily reheated for AH when he arrived home late this evening from his day in Brisvegas.

I spent a few fabulous hours in my workspace learning a lot and being creative.

Then I remembered that the FROG box needed to be collected, so I sent a text to The Blonde Bombshell and asked if she would be kind enough to drive me to the pick up spot which is half way between here and The Bay. Thankfully, she agreed to do this big favour for me, so she and Molly arrived at 2pm and we enjoyed a leisurely drive and a friendly chat.

Molly sat on my lap and caused a hell of a ruckus with the farm dogs when we arrived - the farm dogs are normally so calm and disinterested!

So a big thankyou to The Blonde Bombshell and Molly.

It was good to have Adoring Husband arrive home safe n sound at 9.30pm and he is now tucked up in bed sound asleep. Which is where I am headed right now. The psychotic dogs are telling me it's time!

Nite all.  

No comments: