Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Still Fluttery

I'm still feeling a bit fluttery.

I attempted to ignore it by working on my website, but I just couldn't focus. Even though the fluttering is not as bad as yesterday, it's still annoying and I'm wondering if it's the caffeine!

There was no fluttering until I had my coffee this morning, so tomorrow, I will forego my coffee and see how I fare.

How lovely to wake up to rain this morning. It was fairly constant all day. Nice soaking rain that began to clear right on dusk to produce this ...


It seems that there were beautiful sunsets all over Queensland as people were posting photos from all along the coast.

I made a delicious salad to accompany our protein at lunch today. In the food processor, I tossed in

  • 3 florets of cauliflower
  • 1 carrot (chopped into chunks)
  • 1 large bunch of parsley
  • 1 red onion
  • half a fresh beetroot (peeled)
  • 1/4 cabbage
With the chopping blade, I processed until it was all chopped, not too finely, but about the size of KFC coleslaw, then I poured it into a bowl and added a dressing that I'd made for a salad on Thursday. I can't remember the measurements, but it had lemon juice, ACV, lime oil, honey, grated ginger and chopped coriander.

So we had lamb rack, the chopped salad, tomato wedges, avocado slices, some fermented sauerkraut and a sprinkle of persian feta cheese. Yum.

I had a big mug of chicken broth for dinner.

I hope that tomorrow, my fluttering will be gone and I can spend the entire day focussed on my website. I'm hungry to make some more good progress. I'd also like to make a start on my ebook.

It's just after 10.30pm and I am gone!!

Nite all.

No comments: