Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic - adjective - relating to the interaction of mind and body.

After my appointment with the doctor yesterday, I woke up this morning with not a flutter to be felt. For the entire day, not a flutter to be felt!

I'm certain that it has been mind over matter. My mind needed to hear the diagnosis so that it knew which part of my body to focus the healing towards!

I'm feeling fantastic.

It's been an interesting day.

It's been a beautiful Spring day.

I saw the boys at the Seat of Knowledge before I bought my coffee this morning, which I took with me to The Motivator's house, where I sat enjoying it while she ate her delicious, healthy big breakfast.

We did some catching up for an hour or so and I left her house with a bag full of sand crabs, and for anyone who cares, this is the last weekend for sand crabs from this fishing family, until next year, so you'd best get in quick!

When I arrived home, I hopped online and ordered my new Apple Macbook Pro, which I expect to receive in two to three weeks. Apple launched the upgraded version overnight and it has some new features that I'm excited to check out.

I have to thank Vegan Chickie who stopped me from ordering a new laptop about six weeks ago, when she advised me of the impending launch. Now I'll have the new, you-beaut, top of the range machine that will be brilliant for my photo editing and website building and ebook writing and blogging and business building and anything else that I can think of!

It will be a long 2-3 week wait.

I spent some time in my workspace, then helped Adoring Husband make some lunch. At about 2pm I visited The Motivator again and returned home with just enough time to shower and make myself presentable for the club.

We were all lucky enough to be graced with the presence of AH at the club. He joins us so rarely, and everybody gets very excited and animated when he does. It's like having a movie star in our presence!

He must have brought some luck with him because just about everybody at our two tables won a prize tonight. Meat trays and free drinks and pokie wins and keno wins. It's been a long time since the luck stirred in our corner.

I cooked up some delicious duck breast for dinner, which was served with a big tangy salad.

After Adoring Husband retired to bed, I switched the TV channel over to the TCM (Turner Classic Movie) channel and for the first time in my life, watched 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' which stars Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.

I was so certain that I'd watched it in my past, but was surprised to find that I'd never seen any of it. I quite enjoyed it too. The movie 'Casablanca' followed it, but I've definitely seen that one before .. a couple of times, so the TV is muted as I finish this post and head to bed before the clock strikes midnight.

I may actually get to work on my ebook tomorrow. My fluttering has made it a slow week for my website and ebook, so there is a bit to catch up on.

As I sign off, I'd like to wish Jolly Jack (the name that I have appropriately given Happy Harry's and Lady Lynn's daughter) a very happy birthday. It was a pleasure to have her smiling face at our table tonight and now that I think about it, it may have been Jolly Jack who brought the luck to our table!!

Nite all.



  

No comments: