Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Working On It

My flutters did not bother me all day, until approximately 3.45pm.

There was absolutely no trigger for them because I was sitting at my desk all afternoon working on my ebook. I was having a lovely time and being very productive with no interruptions. Then the flutters began.

Adoring Husband interrupted me at 4.15pm and said "Come on. We're going to get coffee and then go for a walk along the beach."

What's amazing about this particular moment, is that the chapter I was in the middle of writing, was about walking along the beach with bare feet and 'grounding'!

Very freaky.

I jumped at his idea because as I was typing, I was imagining splashing my feet through the beachy waves. I also wanted to prove that grounding had some real benefits! It was a beautiful day ...


So we bought our coffee and headed to the water. The tide was very high and there was not much beach left to walk along, but I climbed out of the car leaving my shoes behind and we went for a bare foot stroll along the shore line.

The water was incredibly warm, almost like a bathtub, and Adoring Husband found a friend!!


Before we'd left the beach, my fluttering had disappeared again. I was so relieved, but I breathed my sigh of relief way too soon, because within 45 minutes it was back!

It wasn't as bad as last night and I was at least able to prepare and eat dinner.

It's now almost 11pm and the flutters are still with me, so I'm off to bed to sleep them away and hope that they leave me alone for the lady's luncheon tomorrow.

Nite all

No comments: