Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Distractions

Well, I finished the ebook, but Ms Mac distracted me with all of her wonderful new features and I just didn't get around to linking the ebook to my website! Ah well, I still have a week to get that sorted.

I registered a business name .. because some of the wholesale sites wouldn't accept just an ABN to sell their goods and wares to me .. and I figured that I'm going to be so successful that I didn't want anybody stealing my thunder!

I was very surprised to discover that "Romance Your Life" was not taken as a business name or as a trademark or as a domain name.

So that will be me - Romance Your Life - coming soon! Watch this space.

Adoring Husband has been very busy (with a little help from me) finishing Christmas lights today, but unfortunately you will have to wait until tomorrow for a photo, when all the solar lights are working properly.

Don't walk past my house at night if you suffer from epilepsy, because the flashing lights could cause you some difficulty!

It looks very Christamassy!

This Friday is the BIG day - Gilmore Girls! Four new 90 minute episodes of "Gilmore Girls - A Year in the Life" becomes available on Netflix at 6pm Friday.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to stay at home and forego my night at the bowls club, so that I can watch it from 6pm!!

Tomorrow, we are heading into The Bay so that I can buy some salted caramel coconut ice cream and some potato chips, as my 'junk food' to binge on while binge watching Gilmore Girls. Because that's what you do.

Another fun thing ... three of my favourite movies over four nights, starting tonight with 'The Holiday', Friday night with 'Love Actually' and then Saturday night with 'Notting Hill'.

Of course 'Love Actually' clashes with Gilmore Girls, so that's out, besides, it's only a month until Vegan Chickie and I watch it together, miles apart, on Christmas Eve.

It seems that my life completely revolves around electronic screens at the moment - television or computers!

Big day tomorrow. Skylights being installed in the morning, two friends to visit with Ms Mac, a trip into The Bay and the FROG box to be collected.

Things to do. People to see. Places to go.

Nite all.

No comments: