Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Fully Wasted!

I sat up until after 2.30am watching the four nations football final between Australia and New Zealand, and for some unknown reason I woke up at 7am. That is not enough sleep to function effectively.

Needless to say, my brain wasn't in the best place for website building.

I did come VERY close to finishing the ebook, but most of my attention was aimed at my new academy books, which arrived in the mail today!

The goal workbook for both business and life, the diary/planner, the poster calendar/planner and the pad of 'to do' lists.





Once I get the website/business up and running, all of these resources are going to motivate, encourage and support me through my first year.

I am on the precipice!!

Apart from lack of sleep, my biggest downfall was eating grilled fish and chips from our local cafe, for lunch. The fish was fantastic, but chips ... oh the chips ... I do love hot potato chips, but it's been so long since I ate a whole plate of simple carbs and my poor body was not prepared for the insulin spike. By 2pm, I could barely keep my eyes open.

I climbed onto my bed and two hours later, I opened my eyes!! I still felt very lethargic and lay in bed reading for another hour.

So there was my precious afternoon completely wasted.

My new laptop did not arrive today and I fully self sabotaged my first full day for working at my desk.

It's now 10.30pm and I am going to bed early.

Tomorrow I will be full of energy and I will absolutely make the most of every hour available to me!! No procrastinating. No sabotaging. No excuses.

I've got this!

Nite all.

No comments: