Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

G.G. Heaven

I must apologise for not posting here yesterday, but my eyes and ears were only for "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" which was a TV mini series revival which took six hours of my evening, from 8pm.

I arrived home from the club at 7.30pm and prepared a very quick dinner (which was reheated leftovers from lunch),  and then I set myself up with junk food, ready to binge watch six hours of two long time favourite TV characters.

It was mostly fabulous .. a couple of slow bits and a couple of surprises. One of the highlights for me, was the cameo by one of my all time favourite singers, Carole King!!

A number of times I felt my emotions overwhelm me as old memories came flooding back and I felt all warm and fuzzy and teary.

It was 2.30am when I climbed into bed, but it took me a full hour to relax enough to fall asleep. Truth be told, I could have watched it again right from the beginning, but I forced myself to practice the meditation breathing until I fell into a deep five hour sleep.

It's now just after 9pm and I can feel my inner snooze button slowly being pressed, so I will finish quickly here and head off to bed. If I can catch up on the missed sleep, I can focus completely on my work tomorrow.

I've just realised that I only have four days until the end of the month, which is the deadline that I gave myself to present my website! Eep! How did that get here so quickly???

I also have four days to submit a photo in this month's Flickr challenge, which is themed 'beverage'. I doubt that I'll get one in, but you never know what will present itself between now and then!

Meanwhile, The Motivator discovered a Tawny Frogmouth nest in a tree that branches over her driveway, so I got myself some lovely photos of the cute little chicks and I will attempt to get more every couple of days to track their progress.





It was my sister, Squirt's, birthday yesterday and the best I could do, was a collage of photos to post on her Facebook page and a singing message left on her voicemail. So if you actually read this, which I doubt, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SQUIRT!

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lady Lynn who also celebrated her birthday yesterday! xo (I know that she reads this lol)

I attended an essential oil party today. The brand is Le Reve, they are made in Australia, and I was so impressed with the quality of these oils and other products, that I'm hosting a party on Tuesday 6th December at 10am ... so all of my lovely coffee ladies, I hope that you can attend and I will provide morning tea!

The party is so that I can order MORE! They will make lovely Christmas gifts too :)

Anyway, enough of this frivolity. I've taken too long to write this and it's suddenly 10pm!

Nite all.



No comments: