Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 18, 2016

It's in the way!

Life gets in the way sometimes.

It's definitely getting in the way of my website that's for sure!

I had big plans for this week AND for this weekend. Thursday and Friday were going to be MY days to lock myself away in my workspace and completely focus on the website. Life got in the way, when family, errands, cooking, psychotic dogs, housework, birthdays and friends required my attention.

My only commitment for Saturday was an hour for Frack Free Burrum Heads in the morning and the remainder of the day was for the website. Now, I have birthday drinks in the afternoon and a family visitor for the night.

Sunday was going to be totally free for me to work in my office. Now, we are committed to a barbecue lunch with friends!

I don't want to complain, because it's so nice to have friends and family to fill our lives with social events and visits, but at the same time, it's frustrating to have such big plans that continue to be thwarted before they go into full swing.

On Monday, I expect my new Macbook Pro to arrive, so most of the day will be spent setting it up. I expect that all of my Academy books for 2017 will arrive on Monday or Tuesday too, and they will take time to organise and fill out.

Aside from that, I have Wednesday morning coffee with the girls, and the rest of my week is free. I am NOT going to accept any invitations - unless it's something really special! Ugh! All invitations are special. There is no hope for me.

At least I was clever enough to send my sister's birthday present today. She should actually receive it before her birthday! This is becoming a habit ... once upon a time, I would send her gifts 6 months after her birthday.


It's time for me to sleep now. I'm done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: