Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 26, 2016

A Day Boxed Up

I wish I'd taken photos today.

I took my camera, but it sat in the ute all day.

The scenery was beautiful, the weather was cloudy and mild, the water divine, the company warm and friendly, the food delicious and the wine was just right.

Aside from the short stretch of sand driving (my second least favourite thing to do) and the also short stretch of 4WDing over hill and dale (my absolutely least favourite thing to do), it was a most pleasant way to spend Boxing Day.


We sat our chairs in the shallows of the fast flowing Mary River and let the water flow freely through the legs of our chairs and around our own feet and legs. It was cleansing and grounding and cooling and therapeutic.


Adoring Husband had a successful go on a kayak, rowing around in circles for a little while.

We really couldn't have asked for a better day, as far as weather goes, and until today, I hadn't met half of the people there, but they were pretty easy going and good for a laugh.

It was nice to catch up with The Inveterate Travellers - J&P - it's only been six years but J and I have kept in contact in our own small way, reading each other's blogs and commenting on the special events as they occur.

We chatted about her Mum in Toowoomba - I shall call her the Pearl of Wisdom *waves frantically* I know you're reading this!! I will visit you next time I am in Toowoomba!

After about five hours of fun and relaxation, it was time for Adoring Husband and I to pack up and head home.

We left with enough time to stop at Sexie Coffie before it closed at 6pm. We arrived there at 5.45pm - just in the nick of time!


The drive home this afternoon, was much more pleasant than the drive to Evergreen this morning, with much less traffic on the road this afternoon, nevertheless, I was relieved to pull into our driveway and be out of the holiday traffic altogether.

So many idiots on the road. I swear that Queensland drivers go to 'Special Risks' school. It's almost as if there is a competition giving a prize to the person who takes the biggest risk which can potentially cause the most damage and death possible.

The stretch of road between Tiaro and our turnoff has the worst statistics in QLD for car accidents and road deaths, so you can understand my discomfort, especially in holiday season.

We made it home safe n sound and are both feeling pretty relaxed after such a pleasant day. So a big thank you to The Best Cousin in the World for inviting us to your river for the day. We loved it.

My pillow is now calling me so ...

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

It was lovely to catch up even for just a little while Roz 😘