Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Frenzy

Today was certainly not as productive as the last two days.

I came across a couple of obstacles that brought me to a sudden stop and it took me a while to figure out what to do each time, so it was slow going.

If I'd been on as good a roll as yesterday and Wednesday, I might have foregone my Friday night at the Bowls Club and continued working, but as it was, I needed the time out as well as a couple of drinks with the girls to wind down.

We were all unlucky in the raffles, the 100 club, the lotsapots and the membership draws.

When I arrived at the club tonight, and before I walked inside to greet the girls, I decided to go take a look at the renovations that are going on at the other end of the club.

Apparently the builders are almost two weeks ahead of schedule and right now, it's easy to figure out the floor plan and layout. I estimate that it should be ready to open inside 6 weeks, if all goes well.

So here we are at 9.15pm and I am well and truly ready for bed.

Adoring Husband didn't go for the afternoon coffee run today, so there is no caffeine pumping though my veins to keep me awake until after midnight.

I'm feeling decidedly weary and I have no news, no memes, no quotes, no videos and no photos to share.

This will be very light Saturday morning reading for some.

Having an early night might mean that I can go visit my boys at the boat ramp early tomorrow.

I'm even going to beat Adoring Husband to bed!!

Nite all.


No comments: