Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 30, 2016

On A Roll

Another good day at the office.

I've written the first post for each of my pages on the site, ie 5 posts. I've made some more changes to the website .. I guess that's the good thing about it taking so long to complete, I get to make improvements before people even see it.

I completed a few pages of my business workbook.

Adoring Husband and I both walked along the beach this afternoon and that helped me complete my watch's bossy health check for the day. I fulfilled the exercises, the movement and the breathing requirements. Yes, I am still breathing lol.

Tonight, I stood in the kitchen for almost two hours cooking 60 chicken and pork meatballs. If I was smarter, I'd have used two frypans, which is what I would normally do, but I was a bit brain dead after my day at the desk, so like a dazed and confused stupid person, I only used one frypan and spent half of my evening in the freaking kitchen, cooking six or seven meatballs at a time.


What a doofus! They tasted pretty good though and now AH has lunch prepared for tomorrow and I can work through the lunch period.

We watched a fantastic Big Bash 20/20 game of cricket tonight. The result came down to the wire and the game was won with the very last ball bowled. The Perth Scorchers needed 3 runs off the final ball to defeat the Melbourne Renegades and Ashton Agar hit a massive six off the final ball.

We are really enjoying the Big Bash cricket every night. Television viewing is not great at this time of the year, but the cricket is holding our interest.

Even better, the tennis will be starting in a couple of weeks!!

I've just realised that it's after midnight! Gotta go!!

Nite all.

  

No comments: