Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017


My day didn't quite go according to plan.

I had one Le Reve delivery to make. Luckily, I didn't accept Chef Pat's invitation to 'come in' otherwise I'd have been in even more strife with my day!

From there, I stopped at the pub to pick up two big bags of chillies from Tweedle Dee. Luckily, Tweedle Dee was working, so that visit was much shorter than it would have been otherwise!

My next stop was at The Motivator's house to say goodbye to Slammin' Sam who was returning to Sydney today. Luckily, they only had one hour to spare, or my visit might have stretched even further beyond my limits!

The Motivator gave me some crab to bring home - yum.

The Post Office was fourth on my list. I checked the mail and grabbed a couple of grocery items.

I sent a text to the Blonde Bombshell to see if she was back from her holiday, so that I could deliver her some chillies. She returned my text immediately to say that she was home, so she was my next stop.

After much catching up, I bid my farewell, explaining that my website was calling and that I had lost enough time for the day.

By the time I arrived home, it was almost lunch time! Good grief!

I shelled and ate three delicious sand crabs for lunch while Adoring Husband made his own lunch with leftovers from yesterday.

So my work day got a very late start and I did not complete even half of my 'to do' list for the day. This means that I'll have to work double time tomorrow!


I may even get a couple of hours in tonight before bed - hence my early post here.

I've been expecting delivery of an order from the Reed Gift Fair since last Wednesday and still there is no sign of it, so I'll have to phone the company tomorrow and ask them to follow it up. That's annoying.

Another company have contacted me to say that they can't complete an order of which I've already received three quarters. So at least I'll get a refund soon.

I guess this will be a learning process - which companies will be reliable and worthy of receiving my business? It seems that my learning curve is much bigger than I at first imagined haha. That will keep me on my toes!

Anyway, I'm off to get some more work done.

Nite all.

No comments: