Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Not a Day of Rest

What a busy and productive day!

After yesterday's marathon effort to create an outfit for the 1920s Murder Mystery night, this house was a mess! It looked like another tornado had gone through INSIDE the house.

The lounge room had the ironing board set up and covered in my jewellery, while the floor beneath it was covered in threads from the fringing that I sewed onto my skirt.

The bathroom bench was covered in every item of make-up that I possess, plus yesterday's dirty clothes on the floor.

The kitchen bench was covered in my beading materials from where I made my long string of pearls.

The bedroom was full of the empty bags that once contained all the items that I'd bought to bring my outfit together.

The dining room table was covered with the stuff that I'd pulled out of my handbag on Friday night, plus the jewellery that I had toyed with wearing, raffle tickets and other bits and pieces.

My workspace was just horrendous from 3 weeks of neglect! Every time a delivery arrived, it was opened and then tossed into the room. After my photography marathon, all the jewellery was scattered over my desk, there were books, paperwork, catalogues, notes, magazines, pens, diaries, boxes and lots of other crap all over my desk.

Has your imagination created a vision of the havoc that was inside my house?

Well, here is my workspace 'before' the clean up...


I spent two hours cleaning the workspace and whenever I had to go to another room for any reason, I would do one small thing while I was there, so even though the house is not completely clean and tidy yet, at least I managed to get some of it done during the process of cleaning my most important area!

Here is my workspace after two hours ...


*happy dance*

I started my day with coffee and crab (thanks to The Motivator and The Fisher King).

I followed that with a huge jug of juice made with cucumber, carrot, celery, pineapple, kiwi fruit, ginger, turmeric, coconut water and water.


I then took my 'before' photos and by this time it was already after midday.

My afternoon was fabulous and I am finishing my day feeling very satisfied what I've achieved.

To celebrate, I pedalled to the shop for a coffee, but on the way home, I stopped off at The Motivator's house where I was offered, and accepted, a long tall glass of vodka and tonic! Now THAT is a true celebratory drink!

For dinner, I enjoyed Hainan Chicken, followed by a slice of raspberry pear bread.

It's quite possible that I could end up in bed nice and early, which means that I won't struggle to get out of bed for work in the morning.

A good day's work and a good night's sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: