Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 8, 2017

Productivity at Last

It was an early start to the day because I had to work.

From work, I rode to get my coffee and for the first time in weeks, visited my boys at The Seat of Knowledge. Knowing that I had a couple of parcels arriving today, I stayed with the boys for more than an hour, killing time until the Post Office opened.

I picked up a large birthday parcel sent by Beautiful Girl With The Long Blonde Hair and it contained an array of perfect birthday gifts that included a cane woven heart, a framed quote, some bling, a boho bag and a hand made cushion cover. All perfectly suited to my tastes .. of course lol.

The second parcel was a DVD that I ordered about a week ago.

I returned home and headed straight for my workspace.

I completed a 5 lesson course on successfully using Pinterest for a business website and then put some of what I'd learned into practice. I'll work more on that tomorrow.

I added the final post for the subscriber's competition on the Romance Your Life Facebook page.

I used something that I created for Pinterest and added it to Twitter and Instagram.

I replaced the cover pictures for the different shops on the site with something more uniform.

I set out a plan to ramp up the social media posts and I've planned my next couple of updates on pages of the website.

This is a huge learning curve that sometimes feels so daunting, I'm almost afraid to take the next step. It's difficult not to rest on my laurels, enjoying the success of just launching the site, and I have to continue pushing myself and try to remember that this is supposed to be a business and I need to work it every day.

Important things like time management, strategic planning, marketing and communication all need to be studied, implemented and improved upon if this is going to be successful.

So it's time to get serious, get moving, and pump things along.

*raises fist in the air*

So let's do this!!

After a good night's sleep ha!

Nite all.

No comments: