Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Rainy Tuesday

It started rainy and it's ending rainy.

I woke to the sound of rain on the rooftop this morning and I will be falling asleep to the same sound.

It did stop during the day and we experienced patchy showers.

The air is fresh and it finally feels like Autumn.

I enjoyed the usual Tuesday morning coffee with the girls and The Blonde Bombshell (aka yip yip) made sure that there were no silences, uncomfortable or otherwise lol. It was a two hour coffee morning during which we had a couple of ring ins stop briefly for a chat.

The Le Reve lady dropped off the orders late yesterday afternoon, so I was able to deliver the little gift bags to some of the girls at coffee.

After a quick visit to the butcher, I pedalled to The Motivator's house to drop off her Le Reve order and spent an hour having fun going over some of her work with her.

What a huge responsibility she carries with her lighting and design work. The difference between my imagination and the reality of what she does, is quite significant.

I believe I walked away with an extra line in my forehead from frowning, contemplating, imagining, re-imagining, considering numerous possibilities and generally hurting my brain!

I'm happy that I can walk away and not feel responsible for such decision! I'm happy to know someone so skilled and talented and well respected in that field. LA LA LA!!

I returned home and cooked up a big batch of sausages, pork and beef, and created a spicy and tangy tomato sauce to go with them.

I juiced enough pineapple, apple, grapes, dragon fruit, coconut water and water to fill a tall jug (it was  delicious!).

After lunch I headed to my workspace, where I completed another social media course, updated some  plugins on my website, priced and tagged all of my silver necklace chains and sorted through my 'snap' jewellery trying to figure out how I can efficiently photograph so my items for display on the site and I checked my emails.

Adoring Husband found his way home quite late from a big SES day, but had to leave immediately for another job. Needless to say I got a lot of work done this afternoon.

I cooked up a delicious dinner of lamb loin chops with broccoli, carrot, charred zucchini and some cauliflower puree.

The rest of my evening has been spent planted on the couch, deleting emails and monitoring social media.

Tomorrow will be another day of website work. There is a lot to do. Never ending and continuous. Prioritise. Time management. 'To Do' lists. Ideas. Follow up. Writing. Creating. Brainstorming. Blah Blah Blah.

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: