Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 23, 2017

Date Day with AH

We had an early start to get into The Bay by 9.15am for the morning showing of this movie ...



It was great. I'm not sure about Chris Pine for the lead male role, because I'm so used to him playing Captain James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek!

There was one disappointing moment in the movie, but it was very brief.

I thought Gal Gadot was perfect for the role of Diana (aka Wonder Woman) and all of the other characters and the actors who played the roles, were great too.

Oh and the bad guy sported a moustache that was all kinds of wrong!

After the movie, I braved Bunnings!! Yes, you heard that correctly ... I voluntarily entered Bunnings!

This is where I stocked up on silicone, the squeezie gun thingo to get the silicone out, grout, tools and few tiles so that I can practice mosaic-ing during our art break. Creative Cath is having us over to her house for some creative, artistic, arty farty time.

With no art tomorrow, I hope to spend the day at my desk. I have a few things on my 'to do' list and if I can get a few hours on a run, I might just be able to achieve something!

On that note, it is rapidly approaching midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: