Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 22, 2017

It's here!!

I've waited, very impatiently I might add, for the delivery of my ekoWorx pack which arrived today!!

You know that I'm all about the easiest way to get housework done with the least toxic products that are available.

I found this fabulous company on a Facebook advertisement. I did my research and found so many positive reviews everywhere ... including their Facebook page, which is full of rave reviews. Every time I see a new ad, I look at the comments attached and they are always positive.

So, I bit the bullet and put in an order during their end of financial year sale.  I got my pack for 60% less than the usual price.

This is what arrived ...




6 litres of ekoWorx cleaning liquid
1 Spray mop with 7 pads
3 Atomiser spray bottles
24 Cleaning clothes with different weaves
7 Diamond sponges

As soon as I got it home, I unpacked it, changed into my cleaning clothes and started cleaning!

I started in the ensuite bathroom. I didn't take a 'before' photo because, quite frankly, I was embarrassed by the state of it and couldn't bear the the thought of anyone seeing it.

The only tine I use our ensuite shower, is when we have visitors staying with us. The reason being, it is a tiny, poky little room with minimal storage space and hardly any room to move. When they built our house, they made a mistake in this bathroom and made the shower recess too big, so there is little room to move in the space that's left.

Anyway, Adoring Husband is in charge of the ensuite, and you know what men are like. Need I say more?

It took me over an hour to clean it from top to bottom, but it is seriously sparkling clean and the only mould that I couldn't remove, is that which is under the silicone. We don't use bleach ever. I've tried so many different products, without success, but this one is fantastic.

The cloths are great. The diamond sponges excellent. The atomiser sprayers are fabulous.

It easily removed the soap scum from the glass and the tiles (and there was a LOT!)

I finished the ensuite and after standing there admiring my handiwork for about ten minutes, I returned to the kitchen and decided to test out the new mop.

I swept the floors first and then put the mop together, which was easy peasy. I filled the attached spray bottle with the ekoWorx cleaning fluid, stuck the pad to the bottom and off I went. Far out! So quick. So easy. So clean. Quick drying. Very very happy.

Fancy ME enjoying housework! Who'da thunk?! If you want to check it out go here.

I have to say that my body is not happy with all the stretching and bending and using muscles that haven't been used for a long time. I'm seizing up big time tonight!

After my cleaning fix, I headed into my office and rebounded while I watched some video lessons from the Academy - may as well completely overdo the exercising for the day!!

I created a survey that I hope will get sent out tomorrow some time.

I returned that phone call about Govt funding and now I need to draw up a business plan to go with my application - no rush for that lol - I'm not going to stress about it and will take my time.

Best get some sleep. Movie date with AH tomorrow morning.

Nite all.

No comments: