Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

More Madness

Yesterday afternoon, I sent Adoring Husband to the local shops to buy some eggs (!) because our chookies have suddenly gone off the lay and they have not produced anything for over 2 weeks.

While he was gone, I made the decision to bake him some of those delicious flourless chocolate cookies that he loves so much. I printed out the recipe and checked that I had everything I needed from the ingredient list.

He walked into the house with the eggs and said to me "Sweetheart, what are the chances of you making some of those chocolate cookies that you made before I went away the other week?"

*look of genuine shock*

It's not often that we are in sync, so when it happens, it's a funny feeling!

Before I even started on dinner, I whizzed up a double batch of cookies. Instead of the usual ten cookies, the double mix multiplied into 22 cookies. I took them out of the oven at 6pm and they were cool enough to munch on for 'dessert'.

I enjoyed two of them, but at 1.39AM, I woke up buzzing! My cookies are full of raw cacao, which contains a stimulant very similar to caffeine, called Theobromine. It's (apparently) not as strong as caffeine, but it sure knocked me around last night!

I had been asleep for less than two hours, when I woke up with a start and try as I might, could NOT get back to sleep. I stayed in bed and tried for an hour to force sleep, to no avail. I decided to read and it was almost 4am when I felt tired enough to fall back into dreamland.

While I was trying to force sleep, the image going over and over in my mind, was patterns and colours and styles of mosaic-ing the bathroom bench top! Weird.

So the first thing I did this morning, was grab my leftover mosaic tiles and took them straight to the bathroom. It took me 45 minutes to create this ...


They are only placed (not glued) and it's not exactly what I want, but the colours are very close and a swirly or wavy pattern is what I want to achieve.

After I was done in the bathroom, I prepared myself a very early lunch, and in the process, discovered that there were only ten cookies remaining!!! I gave AH a rap over the knuckles and banned him from the cookie jar!! Ten cookies in 15 hours, and for nine of those hours he was sleeping!

From there, I escaped to my workspace where I made a very brave move and completed an online application for government funding to support my business website.

I know right!?

There was an initial questionnaire, the results of which gave me a total figure of what I MAY be eligible for. Surprisingly, the figures totalled a LOT!!

There were a number of different initiatives and I certainly don't expect to qualify for every one of them, but any assistance would be helpful for business education, website improvements and assistance to gain some traction in the business community.

You never know until you try. They can only say no ... and that's not going to kill me.

I printed out some more exercise sheets and booklets from one of the courses that I'm doing and listened to one of the webinars. Then I completed two more of the courses from the Academy.

I received a phone call from a customer who wanted to come buy some jewellery, which was a pleasant surprise and then I phoned Vegan Chickie and spent an hour chatting with her and Chicklet.

It's been nice to have contact with both of my girls this weekend. I must phone Number One Son this week and catch up with his news too.

Well, it looks like a reasonably early night for me. I'll try to catch up from last night.

Nite all.



 

No comments: