Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Out of Sorts

I just couldn't seem to get myself organised today.

Perhaps it was because I forgot to make a 'to do' list?!

I swept the floors and then priced some new stock to put out on my table.

Adoring Husband collected the mail and one of my Pillow Talk orders arrived, so I unpacked my lovely new hand towels and aqua waste paper bin.

Beauty made a quick visit and after she left, I pedalled to Reality TV Queen's house to deliver her LeReve order.

I'd planned for it to be a short visit so that I could spend the day working, but she had invited The Blonde Bombshell (aka yip yip) to join us, so I was obliged to hang around quite a bit longer and it was almost midday by the time I returned home. It was a good visit and I had a nice time with the girls.

I made lunch for Adoring Husband while he spent a ridiculous amount of time on 'hold' waiting for somebody from Dyson to speak to him regarding our cordless vacuum cleaner which hasn't worked for some time. The wait was worth it and it seems we have a satisfactory result.

He then left to run some errands in The Bay and pick up our FROG box. This gave me some alone time to GSD.

I had no idea where to even start.

I finished pricing the last of the jewellery and I tidied my desk. Then I sat down and looked blankly at my monitor. I had one natural gemstone pendant that I couldn't find the price for, so I decided to go into the seller's website and search for the price.

Annoyingly, the site kept giving me a user error, so I couldn't go any further than the first page. I attempted a few different fixes to get past the problem, but none of them worked and eventually I gave up.

I remembered that I had some clothes in the machine and on the line, so I resorted to spending time with my washing basket and folding and sorting and hanging and blah blah blah.

AH arrived home with coffee and the organic food, so I unpacked the FROG box and then sat down to enjoy my coffee.

AH has SES duties tonight so I whipped up a quick dinner for him before he left and now I'm switching between channels on TV sharing my time evenly between the football and Big Bang Theory.

I think I'll head to bed and rest my brain - hopefully it will work more efficiently tomorrow.



Nite all.  

No comments: