Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 26, 2017

A Little Surprise

I just happened to be browsing through my 'saved' posts from Facebook and found one that I posted way back in 2009.

It was a photo of the front of our house just after we moved in...


Then there was a series of photos taken after we landscaped the front garden ...






So I headed out the front with my phone and took photos of what it looks like today ...




There are lots of dead frangipani leaves over the front lawn at the moment because it's Winter and that's what they do! We are not the kind of people to make it spotless every day and the only time our front entry gets used, is when people visit us unexpectedly.

If we know people are visiting, we usher them in through the garage and into our dining/family room area, so our front porch and entry are always a bit of a mess with dirt and leaves and stray gravel from the garden.

It's kind of embarrassing because everyone we know has a lovely entrance to their home, but it is what it is and we don't care enough to give that much of a rat's pizzle haha.

Anyway, the point of the photos is to show how things have grown and changed in nine years!

My day has been filled with things OTHER than what I'd planned! No decluttering and no work at my desk. I was easily distracted today.

Adoring Husband decided to work on the back lawns, including whipper snipping and mowing, so this meant that I had to remove all the clothes from the washing line. Of course, this meant folding everything (remember, there was all the bedding from yesterday + more) and putting it all away blah blah blah.

The bath mats were still a little damp, so when AH finished the laundry area, he called me from my desk to let me know I could rehang these items. By this time, the next load of washing (which included all the ekoWorx cloths that I've been using in my cleaning frenzy) was ready to hang out. *sigh*

I decided to pedal to the Post Office to check our mail. No mail, but I browsed through the supermarket and discovered that cauliflowers were on sale. Cauliflower and leek soup sounded like a delicious idea, so I bought everything that I needed and headed home.

The first thing I did was make lunch for AH who had done as much of the lawn as he was capable of for the day.

Then I got started on the soup. It took much longer than I expected and by the time I finished packaging it and cleaning up the kitchen, it was after 3pm and I felt the need to put my feet up.

I am now in my office, where I was going to do some work, but once again, I was distracted by this blog post.

It's time to cook dinner, so here is where I sign off ... with a little side note to say that I did NOT get a perfect round in my footy tipping this week, because the last game of the round yesterday brought great disappointment to me. *another sigh*

Nite all.


No comments: