Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Opportunity Knocks

I wish that I could spew forth all the exciting things that are tumbling around in my head right now, but all I can say is that something is in the works and I'll let you in on the secret in a couple of weeks.

I hope.

Haha.

I just want to thank the universe for providing an opportunity like this and also for giving me this chance to leave the people reading my blog on tenterhooks wondering what the hell I'm talking about. hehehe

Last night, I climbed into bed at 7.30pm. I really felt dog tired after so few hours sleep the previous night ... because of the dog, and even though I was in bed that early, I expected that I would read or watch some Netflix for an hour or two before falling asleep.

How wrong I was!

Within 20 minutes, my eyelids were struggling to stay open, so I turned off all of my devices and settled down to sleep. I was asleep in an instant!

I woke needing to use the bathroom (as you do) and I looked at my watch to see that it was only 10.30pm and Adoring Husband was lying in bed watching TV. I thought to myself "Please fall back to sleep quickly." I was so worried that I would be awake for hours. But I hardly remember putting my head back on the pillow!

I slept for eleven hours!! Yet still I struggled to get to coffee on time lol.

There were four of us at coffee this morning and we were without The Blonde Bombshell, because she had organised a morning tea at her house - to which we were NOT invited - SO rude! She needs to make it up to us.

I would suggest providing some home made gluten free food for our next coffee date. Just sayin'.

The remainder of my morning and early afternoon was spent following up this opportunity, so I have nothing else to share there, BUT after I returned home I did some manifesting.

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to explain 'manifesting' in more detail.

There are some concepts that I believe in, almost immediately upon hearing about them. For example, without even experiencing it, my mind could understand and believe in the concepts of 'the placebo effect' and 'the power of positive thinking' and 'self fulfilling prophecies'.

One that I was doubtful or unsure of, was 'manifesting'.

However, I am always prepared to give the benefit of the doubt and I'll try just about any concept that's presented - because more often than not, I find that the concept ends up having substance.


So I will tell you all about the joys of manifesting soon.

I'm off to bed now, to get less than eleven hours sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: