Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

What a Day!

It all started so simply.

I met with The Motivator quite early this morning for a short business meeting, which led to a pot of tea in the local cafe, which led to breakfast with a third person. We finally parted company at about 11am!!

From there, I spent my $30 bakery voucher on a bag full of glutenous, sugary, disgusting sweets that I will serve to my party guests on Sunday (tomorrow, as I write this).

My next stop was the supermarket to grab some dips and crackers and cheese. I'm not going over the top with food for this party, as I have for previous parties because I don't need the stress of all that mad preparation. I want to have a relaxing and enjoyable time with my friends because it will be the last party of this kind, that I have at home.

I bought myself another coffee before I pedalled home, but stopped at a nearby neighbour's house to invite her to the party. She is house sitting at the moment and I really like her a lot. It will be nice for her to meet some more people and she can do some networking for her jewellery which she sells at the markets. She would like to teach others how to make her beautiful pieces and she may even use our new space some time in the future to do that.

It was well after midday by the time I arrived home and Adoring Husband had already made his lunch and was enjoying it as I walked in the door.

AH was happy to hear about my morning while I unpacked the groceries and then I sat down for about half an hour for a quick break.

I quickly cleaned the toilet and bathroom, while AH vacuumed the floors, so that the house was presentable for The Blonde Bombshell and Lady Lynn, who arrived at different times to select their purchases for tomorrow. Sometimes you need to get in early!! I've already had four pre-party sales!

Quite some time was spent sorting, reorganising and rearranging the stock that will be for sale tomorrow. I'll need to spend more time tomorrow doing that. It's not a chore, because I love everything so much, I never tire of touching it and creating different pieces that people might like ...



How could you fall out of love with that? In case you haven't seen this type of jewellery before, each of those buttons are removable, so you can swap and change and create whatever you like. There are bracelets, pendants and rings. You can dress them up or dress them down. Right now, they are my favourite pieces to play with :)

Anyway, tomorrow should be a lot of fun with good food, margaritas, wine, shiny sparkly things and plenty of good company! I'm looking forward to it!

Once again, it's after 11pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

 

No comments: