Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Breathless

We've all been breathing in paint fumes for two days. This is not a good thing!

One more day of painting and we should be done!

The name of this paint is 'Good Karma' and the white paint is called 'Love Story'.


How can we go wrong with names like that?

The Motivator and I painted eleven chairs today. Adoring Husband was at the shop before everyone and did stuff that I don't even know about and he and I also painted the yellow wall. The Fisher King painted the white walls, started the gloss on the architraves and filled all the holes in the walls.

I organised cleaners to come in and do the carpets and the windows on Tuesday, because I just can't bear the thought of doing all that myself.

We had visits from five different people during the day, which slowed us down a bit, but it was great to show off what we've done so far and I love that everyone is so interested.

I left the shop at 3pm.

The Motivator and The Fisher King drove into The Bay for supplies.

I enjoyed an alcoholic beverage at the club. Didn't win a thing on the pokies, keno or the raffle.

Adoring Husband had dinner ready when I returned home, which was lovely.

Tonight, I've been writing up some of the course material for the photography course that I'm putting together. I'm quite excited about that, but I'm looking at the time, which, as always, is approaching midnight, so I'm putting everything away and I'm off to lay my head down.

Nite all.

No comments: