Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

In The Dark

It was a funny way to start the day.

Just as I was about to walk out the door, I received a phone call from Adoring Husband who was already at the shop.

"Where are you?" he asked.
"I'm just about to walk out the door" I replied.
"Good!" he sounded relieved.
"Why?" I responded.
"Because I've shut myself in the treatment room and I can't get the door open." there was an almost frantic tone in his voice.

Adoring Husband is claustrophobic.

I laughed.

"It's NOT FUNNY!!" he shrieked.

I laughed again.

"Hold tight. I'll be there in a minute." I tried to sound reassuring.

My ride was uneventful until I was about 2/3 of the way there.

The markets were on this morning and there were people strolling along the path that I was trying to ride along. The road was busy with market traffic, so I couldn't detour via the road. So I had to ride at walking pace for a good portion of time .. all the while wondering if AH was climbing the walls yet!

Suddenly I saw Rebel Mardi walking quickly towards the path and saying "Look at you go!"

I called out that I couldn't stop because I was off to rescue AH from his prison, so she waved me on calling out "I'll see you tonight then!"

Finally, I reached the shop and as I opened the door I hear AH mutter "Hurry up!"

I gave the door a nudge and he pulled it from it's position and took a deep breath, almost like he had been holding his breath since he called me!

Considering his fear of enclosed spaces, he did very well to remain so calm. Later, I changed position with him so that he could see how well the door closed from the outside. There is no light in the room yet, because we are waiting for the electrician to do some work for us, so the room is completely black. Even 'I' felt my heart flutter with just a touch of fear and I don't even consider myself claustrophobic.

Because I left the house in a hurry, I didn't take any work stuff with me so no work got done.

I assembled The Motivator's yellow chair, played tradies assistant for a bit, then rode to The Motivator's house to buy some crab and spend a bit of time ... always enjoyable.

At lunch time I returned home, where AH had already arrived and I made some lunch. We watched a movie and then some football, until it was time to get ready for Tweedle Dee's birthday party.


We were running late ...  because of me ... but it was ok. Everyone was there and we were sitting at the best table, with all the funniest and most beautiful people! It was a fabulous night and AH got to dance the night away with Rebel Mardi, while I laughed my butt off with Tweedle Dum who tells the most hilarious stories with her cheeky accent. My cheeks are still aching from laughing and smiling so hard.


Happy Birthday was sung. Candles were blown out. Speeches were made. So much love was shared. I had a thoroughly enjoyable time and we left a bit after 10pm.

Here it is after midnight again and I need to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: